Good Piano Songs for Beginners
When beginning any instrument, we need to start with the basics. First, we need to know what each part of the instrument is, then we learn basic chords and we go from there. Once we get into playing actual music we need to start with the simpler songs, and progress from there. Below we will discuss the good piano songs for beginners, and why. You can go online and find your favorite song and take a tutorial to learn how to play them, and you can choose your favorite genre as well. Songs like “Old McDonald” and the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” to the classical Beethoven or Bach. But my guess is that someone starting out and taking lessons would want to play something more recent and popular like Adelle or Maroon five, or even The Beatles or Prince.
- Next is Adelle’s “Someone like you”. Again, it is only four chords that repeats with bottom, middle up, middle, bottom. So, for this song, it is the repetitive nature that dubs it among one of the easier songs to play on the piano.
- First would be the “Hey Jude” by the Beatles. Paul McCartney wrote this song for Julian Lennon who was struggling with the divorce of his parents John and Cynthia Lennon. It is the simplicity of the chords that and the repetitive nature that make this one of the great songs to play on the piano.
- Another great classic song that is good for beginners to play on the piano is “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd. This song is awesome to hear people playing and is recognizable right off the bat, and is easy to learn to play. You simply keep the same hand positions as you move through the chords.
- A super fun song is Meghan Trainor’s “It’s all About That Bass”. This is a pretty easy song for beginners to learn because there are only four chords, and the progression of those chords is repeated through the whole song. It is recommended to practice playing the bass line with your left hand first before adding the melody of the right hand.
- “Clocks” by Cold Play is another good song for piano beginners. This song is a beautiful song to listen to, and with only five small parts it is easy to learn to play it. The left-hand plays the chords while the right-hand plays the arpeggio pattern.
- Sam Smith’s song called “Stay with Me”, is one of the easiest new songs for beginner piano players to learn. It has three chords throughout the whole song, and keeps the same rhythm throughout as well. It is simply the chords with your left hand and the melody with the right. After you learn those, fills can be added to make the song sound better.
- One last fun song to look at for those Star Wars fans is the “Star Wars theme song”. It is super recognizable and it can be played with only one hand. Practice will allow you to be able to pick this one up quick.
So, there are several fun and really easy songs for beginners to learn on the piano. Have fun and keep those fingers moving.